State Representative Greg Cromer was born and raised in Bogalusa, Louisiana.
A graduate of Bogalusa High School, Representative Cromer went on to earn a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Management from Southeastern Louisiana University.
Cromer was employed for 27 years by Lockheed Martin, working on external fuel tanks for NASA’s Space Shuttle Program. He retired in 2009 as Safety and Product Assurance Liaison to the Production Operations division of the company and began working for Geocent, a multi-state corporation, as a Project Manager for the company’s work with NASA.
Active in the community, Rep. Cromer is a longtime member of the Slidell Lions Club and a board member of the St. Tammany Economic Foundation. In 2002, Greg won a seat on the Slidell City Council, a post to which he was reelected in 2006. He served as Board President during Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath, assuming responsibility for the City’s single shelter and overseeing distribution of relief supplies.
In 2007, he ran unopposed for Louisiana State Representative from the 90th House District, which includes portions of Slidell, Pearl River, and Lacombe, and was reelected to another four-year term by an overwhelming margin in the fall of 2011.
Representative Cromer humbly serves in the Louisiana Legislature as the Chairman of the Insurance Committee, which has oversight on legislation pertaining to public and private insurance systems including employment and automobile insurance. Rep. Cromer also sits on the House Executive Committee, House and Joint Committee on Homeland Security, and the Special Committee on Military and Veterans Affairs.
Notwithstanding his professional and political achievements, Rep. Cromer believes his greatest accomplishment in life has been his family. His wife of 30 years, Peggy Cromer, is a retired employee of the St. Tammany Parish Clerk of Court and a two-time cancer survivor. His daughter, Niki, 28, is a student pursuing certification in radiology. His son Clay, 24, is a member of the Louisiana Air National Guard and is studying information technology.
- Graduate of Bogalusa High School ’76
- Graduate of Southeastern Louisiana University ’81
- Employed by Lockheed Martin for 25+ years
- Served 2 terms on the Slidell City Council
- Served as President of the Slidell City Council
- Elected to the Louisiana House of Representatives in 2007
- State Representative District 90 (portions of Slidell, Pearl River and Lacombe)
- Member of the State of Louisiana’s Attorney Fee Review Board
- Governors Appointee to the Aerospace Alliance Board
- Member of the Louisiana Republican Delegation
- Member of the Louisiana Rural Caucus
- Past board member of the St. Tammany Economic Development Foundation
- Member of Northshore Republican Men’s Club
- Member of the Slidell Noon Lions Club
- Husband of Peggy Cromer
- Father of Nikki and Clay Cromer